ApconiX - Nonclinical Report Specialist - United Kingdom
An Exciting Opportunity to Join ApconiX as a Nonclinical Report Specialist
The Target Safety Team uses state-of-the-art informatics technology to interrogate global databases and literature sources to identify the potential risks associated with the modulation of drug targets and the development of innovative new molecules. The work covers a wide range of therapeutic areas including oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular and respiratory.
You will work within a multi-discipline, highly experienced team of nonclinical safety experts to interpret the outputs from the searches and prepare detailed Target Safety Assessments (TSAs). The TSAs are used by our clients to make crucial decisions around the progression of drug projects within their portfolios. This is a highly engaging role and reflects the diverse research interests of our widening client base.
The role combines advanced report writing skills, an ability to meet deadlines and crucially, the application of critical scientific thinking. Therefore, the role is positioned within the scientific career ladder in our organization.
You will need to be flexible, collaborative and highly organised, and to approach your work with passion and a sense of fun. Because we are a growing company, this is a great opportunity to make a huge impact and be part of something special.
Ideally, we are looking for full-time employees who will be based at Alderley Park in Northwest England. Flexible working and part-time or job-share arrangements are also available.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Post-graduate degree (preferably PhD) and/or significant work experience in cell and molecular biology, translational science, physiology, pharmacology, or similar
- Proven ability to prepare complex, accurate, data-dependent, scientific reports and summary documents
- Fluent English with excellent communications skills and the ability to convey complex ideas
- Ability to curate and interpret complex data sets
- A commitment to research integrity and high ethical standards
- Working knowledge of drug development
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage complex and conflicting deadlines
- UK right of abode
Specific experience of nonclinical report writing is not essential and full support and training will be provided for the right candidate. Please note that we are not looking to appoint freelance writers into this role at present.
Since its formation in 2015, ApconiX has grown into a world-renowned nonclinical consultancy. ApconiX is an independent company and directly employs over 30 safety specialist and support staff who work with a further 30 internationally renowned scientific experts. ApconiX is based at Alderley Park, which is the UKs largest science park and is set in the heart of the beautiful Cheshire countryside. The site it close to Manchester and its International Airport (6 miles) with direct trains to London every hour from Wilmslow/Macclesfield.