EMWA Future Conferences
Continuing education and professional training for medical communicators
The EMWA spring and autumn conferences provide a medium for networking, active discussions and extensive cost-effective professional training.
It is also an opportunity to benefit from the experiences of other medical writers.
The venues, facilities, and training programmes are chosen to offer the best possible learning environment.
In addition to the formal training sessions, a relaxed, friendly conference atmosphere provides for ideal networking opportunities and enables all those
attending to meet medical writers and communicators at all stages in their careers.
(9th - 13th May 2023)
Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Organising Committee invites abstract submissions for the 55the Annual EMWA Conference in Prague, Czech Republic.
Abstracts must be:
- based on original research, case reports or reviews and relate to any field of medical writing, communications, editing or translation
- structured (Introduction, Methodology, Results, Conclusion) and include fewer than 250 words (excluding title, authors and affiliations)
- submitted in English (UK spelling)
- submitted on the official EMWA submission form (below) • submitted by e-mail to email@example.com by 17 February 2023, 17:00 GMT by the presenting author.
By submitting an abstract, the authors confirm that the data have NOT been previously published as a full paper and agree that if abstract is accepted, it will be published in the official EMWA journal, Medical Writing (open access, CC-BY).
Please note only presented abstracts will be published - if presenting author is unable to present at the conference, the abstract will be withdrawn.
All abstracts will be reviewed by an expert panel and may be selected for poster presentation (or rejected).
Abstracts notifications will be sent to authors via email w/c 13 March 2023, together with the poster preparation guidelines (if abstract accepted).
The presenting author must:
- be registered for the conference and present the poster during indicated times
- ensure that all co-authors are aware of, contributed to and agree with the content of the abstract before submission
- state that this condition is met in the submission email
Posters based on accepted abstracts will be displayed at the conference from 10 to 13 May 2023.
Click here to download the abstract submission form.
You can use this interactive map to see EMWA past and future conferences. Where map points overlap, use the zoom function.
The green pins show spring conference venues, red pins show autumn conference venues.
Open in Google Maps for a full listing of all conferences.
Come and join us at the next one. You will be made very welcome!