Yamada Translation Bureau - Medical editors for English as a second language (ESL) - Remote
We are currently recruiting remote working medical editors for English as a second language (ESL)!
Scope of work:
- Proofreading/rewriting/editing manuscripts authored by non-native English speakers for peer-reviewed journal submission.
- Fully remote freelance work at the predetermined per-word rate (Per-word rate negotiated at the time of NDA)
- Ensure that manuscripts are up to the level submitted to top medical journals
- Edit/rewrite manuscripts to be compliant with journal submission guidelines/instructions
- Provide constructive feedback to help ESL authors, including answering inquiries/making recommendations to help improve their manuscript
- Promptly reply to our job-specific questions
Education and skill requirements:
- An MD degree or equivalent background with experience as a medical editor preferred
- Ph.D., MSc, BSc, or healthcare science degrees (PharmD, BSc in nursing) with at least ten years experience as a medical editor
- Native English speaker
- Strong command of academic writing styles (e.g., AMA, APA, etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a team
Yamada Translation Bureau, Inc. is a translation company founded in 1967. We started as a translation company serving machinery manufacturers but have evolved to include medicine and pharmacology as strong specialty areas. From offices in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan, we provide our services to clientele, including CROs, pharmaceutical companies, doctors, and advertising companies, enjoying an excellent reputation.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our website, please click here.