UEG - Medical Education Editor - Vienna
Position: Medical Education Editor
Start: December 2021 – full-time
Location: Wickenburggasse 1, 1080 Vienna
UEG, or United European Gastroenterology, is a professional non-profit organisation combining all the leading European medical specialist and national societies focusing on digestive health. The mission of UEG is to improve the prevention and care of digestive diseases in Europe through providing education, supporting research and improving clinical standards. UEG’s headquarters is located in Vienna, Austria where we coordinate all association, education and congress-related matters. All other important information regarding our organisation can be found on our website at www.ueg.eu.
To accomplish our vision to take a central role in delivering and disseminating cutting-edge, unbiased continuing medical education and supporting professional development we are looking for an in-house Medical Education Editor. We offer the opportunity to join the Programme and Education Management Team, to bring in fresh perspectives and to support our comprehensive strategy for delivering scientific education to medical professionals. Working collaboratively on the creation, oversight and implementation of various educational programmes for the gastroenterology community is a predominant part of the job.
- Together with the team and our volunteer-led boards explore, define and actively implement UEG’s educational content strategy
- Enhance quality and impact by monitoring and analysing content and programmes offered, providing a comprehensive and critical perspective based on scientific evidence
- Work closely with the team and scientific authors on the delivery of our online and in-person education, providing quality control, supervision and review of content, training tools and learning possibilities
- Provide administrative support related to content production such as slide formatting, preparing references and briefing boxes, briefing for graphical designers for the development of scientific images, etc.
- Revise scientific language, flow and clarity and administrate legal aspects including citation and publication permissions
- Translate the medical content into scientific communication tailored to the GI community to support the Communication Team in the office
- Actively collaborate with the Head of Programme and Education Manage-ment, with internal departments and volunteer-led boards and use other in-ternal scientific resources
- A scientific degree in medical, biological a/o natural sciences is required. Minimum level: MSc, PhD
- Work experience in a similar role - professional experience in (gastrointestinal) health care a/o medical association business will be considered a strong asset.
- English native speaker or equivalent level
- Excellent editorial, writing and proofreading skills
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and comfortable with using learning management systems (LMS)
- An efficient introduction in a well-coordinated team
- The opportunity to incorporate your skills within an innovative international medical organisation
- A competitive salary according to the Austrian collective agreement ”Werbung und Marktkommunikation“ with the possibility of overpayment depending on one’s professional and personal qualifications
- Social benefits as well as flexible working hours including home office pos-sibilities
- We are committed to supporting our employees in their professional development and provide a pleasant and friendly working environment and atmosphere.
If you meet the requirements and want to work in a highly motivated and service-oriented team, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at UEG by applying now.
Please send your detailed application documents and salary expectations to
Mrs Verena Wagner, Head of Programme and Education Management firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application: October 17, 2021